Augsburg College Cuba Trip
Check out our Cuba Trips Calendar for more information on legal trips
Let us help you plan your legal trip to Cuba.
This Cuba trip is exclusively for faculty and staff from accredited US colleges and universities who are in the
process of planning courses to Cuba for the next three years. It will give educators a general overview
of Cuba and attempt to include an activity from each professional’s area of interest.
Professors and staff who are planning for-credit courses to Cuba are permitted to go to Cuba to make
preparations for the course. This travel seminar qualifies under academic travel according to 515.565 (a)(6) of the
rules published in the Federal Registry. As such, travel is permissible under a general license.
Itinerary and Program Overview
The seminar is intensive and includes encounters with people and organizations representing many sectors of
Cuban society, as well as opportunities for group reflections, critical analysis, and collective learning.
• Learn about the Cuban health care system
• Hear an analysis of the current political and economic situation
• Visit the US Interests Section
• Meet with women’s organizations in Cuba
• Discuss current issues with grass roots organizations
• Learn about Cuban culture and the arts
Center for Global Education
(612) 330-1159 or (800) 299-8889
Back to Cuba Trips with a Host page