Cuba trips for everybody!


Cuba Trips with an OFAC License

Check out our Cuba Trips Calendar for more information on legal trips to Cuba.

Let us help you plan your legal trip to Cuba.

We can help you travel to Cuba legally. Email  or call (508) 744-6790

You may qualify to travel to Cuba under a General Cuba Travel License from OFAC or if you have your own Specific Cuba Travel License to travel to Cuba from OFAC, you can purchase travel arrangements from licensed Cuba Travel Service Providers or you can charter a flight to Cuba from Carrier Service Providers.

  • Academic Cuba Trips
    Learn about Cuba in Cuba! This page offers information about academic trips to Cuba, Cuba study programs and educational travel to Cuba.
  • How to apply for an OFAC Travel License
    This page features information about how to apply for a specific Cuba travel OFAC license from the US Treasury.
  • General Cuba Travel License
    This page features information about traveling to Cuba under a general OFAC license which means that you can travel to Cuba but must meet certain requirements for your Cuba trip.
  • Specific Cuba Travel License
    This page features information about traveling to Cuba under a specific OFAC license which means that you have to apply to travel to Cuba and your Cuba trip must be approved by the US Treasury Department.
  • Religious Cuba Trips
    This page features information about relgious and humanitarian Cuba trips and how American can travel to Cuba legally.

New Cuba travel guidelines from OFAC published on April 19, 2011.

Havana Journal features a Cuba Travel Directory with links to websites for Cuba travel agencies, casas particulares, Cuba maps and Cuba travel tips. There is also a Cuba Travel Forum featuring travel destinations in Cuba, a discussion forum about casas particulares and hotels and a general Cuba vacation related forum.

If you can book your own flights to Cuba or want to research the flight schedules offered by Carrier Service Providers, we have put together a Charter Flights to Cuba page.

Information for Cuba trips with a license

If you believe you are qualified to travel to Cuba legally under a General Cuba travel license or Specific Cuba travel license you might want to check out the Cuba Sanctions page at OFAC and a summary of OFAC information about Cuba from our sister site,

Your passport expiration date must be no sooner than six months from the travel date.

You will need a Cuba travel visa. This can be provided by your Cuba service provider.

You will need to prove to your Cuba service provider that you are qualified to travel to Cuba under a General license or under a Specific license.


You can travel to Cuba legally with a license... a general license for those who qualify or a specific license for people or organizations who have been granted a license. OFAC's 52 page document explains in detail, the following Cuba travel restrictions and licensing requirements and exceptions.

  • General Licenses
  • Specific Licenses
  • How to Apply for a Specific License
  • Requests to Extend or Renew Specific Licenses
  • Arranging Authorized Travel to Cuba
  • Authorized Exportation of Merchandise for Personal Use
  • Prohibited Importation of Merchandise with the Exception of Cuban-Origin
  • Information and Informational Materials
  • Authorized Travel-Related Transactions; U.S. Interests Section

Guidelines by Category of Travel Activity

1. Family Visits
2. Official Government Travel
3. Journalistic Activities
4. Professional Research and Professional Meetings
5. Educational Activities
6. Religious Activities
7. Public Performances, Clinics, Workshops, Athletic Competitions, and Exhibitions
8. Support for the Cuban People
9. Humanitarian Projects
10. Activities of Private Foundations or Research or Educational Institutes
11. Exportation, Importation, or Transmission of Information or Informational Materials
12. Licensed Exportations

The Cuban Assets Control Regulations, 31 C.F.R. Part 515 (the “Regulations”), administered by the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”), prohibit persons subject to the jurisdiction of the United States from engaging in transactions in which Cuba or a Cuban national has any interest whatsoever, direct or indirect, including transactions related to travel.

Ask us about Cuba travel consulting

Can I travel to Cuba?
Find the right trip for you!
Charter Flights to Cuba
Travel Service Providers
Cuba Trips Forum
Cuba Trips News
About Us

We recommend this AirBnB Food and Drink Experience... Cuban flavors: Food, Rum and Cigars 

View Havana Journal's profile on LinkedIn

Sign up for our Cuba Watch newsletter

Havana Journal, Inc. BBB Business Review

Promote your product or service across our Network