How to Apply for an OFAC Cuba Travel License
Check out our Cuba Trips Calendar for more information on legal trips
Let us help you plan your legal trip to Cuba.
Apply directly to OFAC yourself. Here is some text from the OFAC website.
Most license applications do not have to be submitted on a particular form. However, it is essential to include
in the request all necessary information as required in the application guidelines or the regulations pertaining to
the particular embargo program. When applying for a license, provide a detailed description of the proposed
transaction, including the names and addresses of any individuals/companies involved. The mailing address for
license applications is:
Office of Foreign Assets Control
U.S. Department of the Treasury
1500 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington , DC 20220
Attn: Licensing Division
OFAC regularly updates the Cuba service provider list.
Hire an OFAC Specialty Attorney
You can have a qualified attorney apply on your behalf. This attorney will most likely ease the application
process in many ways. We offer a Cuba legal assistance report that serves as a "comparison shopping" report featuring
comments, prices and contact information of attorneys who specialize in OFAC legal matters.
Types of OFAC license applications
- For individual travel to Cuba - Specific License
- For group travel to Cuba - Specific License
- For performances, workshops, clinics, exhibitions etc by US based in Cuba - Specific License
- For people to people and "purposeful" travel to Cuba
- For travel service providers
- For carrier service providers
- For remittance forwarders